We believe that actors require technique. Our techniques help provide the actor with freedom as opposed to restriction, and we feel that when you focus on the process as opposed to worrying solely about the outcome you are able to shed your inhibitions and take more risks. Many acting classes Hollywood will direct the students in a way which causes them to focus their energies on less effective methods, such as over-thinking the script direction and dialogue instead of trusting their instincts and bodies to bring the writers' words to life.
Our teaching method is influenced by the Yale School of Drama, one of the most well-respected and highest-rated programs in the country. All of our instructors have graduated from this prestigious program and with that solid base of knowledge, as well as actual field experience, they have worked on honing their acting skills in and out of the classroom. Teaching students in acting classes LA has not kept these teachers from following their own acting dreams. Our instructors still work in the industry, along with having many admirable credits on screen, television and stage.
Jai Khanna is a Brillstein Entertainment Manager. Brillstein works with:
Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Rashida Jones, Natalie Portman, Orlando Bloom, Paul Rudd, Zoe Saldana, Adam Sandler, Kate Beckinsale, Brendan Fraser, Mark Ruffalo, Chloe Sevigny, Timothy Olyphant, Aaron Johnson, Zach Galifinakis, Bill Maher, Courteney Cox, Anna Paquin and many more...
Some information about our acting class Los Angeles:
- intimate class sizes
- audition technique
- on-camera technique
- script analysis
- work on improvisation
- industry workshops
- industry Q & As
- industry audits
- the freedom to audit any of the other classes
- private coaching sessions
- on set coaching sessions
- study groups
- understanding of classical theatrical acting
In addition to acting classes Los Angeles we also have other methods and programs to assist our students in their training and subsequent transition into acting as a profession:
- Boot Camp: learn character creation and development, how to analyze text such as scripts and audition materials, how to actively deal with the environment, how to create physical objectives, how to send physical actions, and relaxation techniques
- Industry Showcases: our showcases have gotten front page coverage and reviews in well-known acting publications such as Backstage West Magazine. Attended by Management firms such as Brillstein Ent. Partners (Brad Pitt, Natalie Portman, Adam Sandler), and Agencies such as ICM (Al Pacino, Megan Fox, Samuel L. Jackson) and Innovative Artists (Channing Tatum, Amanda Seyfried, Macaulay Culkin).
- NY Workshop: this 4-day program is offered for our East Coast actors who are interested in studying the Berg Studios techniques
We have many current and former students who have chosen to take Los Angeles acting classes after their success or even while they are working with on-going projects. Some of our students have acted in such popular productions as:
- White Collar
- Guiding Light
- Studio 60
- L Word
- The Secret Life of an American Teenager
- Fools’ Gold
- Across the Universe
- Youth in Revolt
- Cabin Fever
- Spiderman on Broadway
- Chorus Line on Broadway
- RENT on Broadway
Even Emmy-award winning actors still participate in classes at our studios, to continue to work on their methods in this challenging craft. Whether you are a working veteran actor or someone who is completely new to the acting world, Berg Studios will provide with you the tools and skills you need to face Hollywood as your best acting self.
For more information about our classes, instructors, and methods, please browse our site, or feel free to contact us with any questions.